Other Organizations of Interest
- North Shore Democratic Update, publication created to help Democratic activists become better aware of issues and events throughout the North Shore and MA.
Facebook: North Shore Democratic Update
or email NorthShoreDemocraticUpdateemail@example.com
- Swing Left, a nationally coordinated effort to increase the number of Democrats in the U.S. House of Representatives by channeling local groups to nearby swing districts. Rockport members are working to keep a Democrat in NH-01.
Rockport Swing Left: no web presence yet
- Rockport Women’s March Symposium, a local group that was initiated following shared Women’s March experiences, and an interest in generating “next steps” groups; full group meetings at Rockport Library
Facebook: Women’s March Symposium, Rockport
- Indivisible, grass-roots groups guided by the experience of Congressional staffers
Essex County #6
Facebook: Essex County #6 meets first Tuesdays 7:30 PM at Cape Ann Cinema.
Facebook: Cape Ann Local Action
- Women’s Equality Cape Ann (WECANN), a strictly local group
Facebook: Womens Equality Cape Ann
- Essex County Community Organization, an affiliate of the Massachusetts Community Action Network
- Showing Up for Racial Justice, a national network of groups
Facebook: SURJ Boston
- Action Together, a national network of local groups
Action Together Network
Facebook: Action Together North Shore, MA
- Network for Neighbors
Saturday September 16, 2017
The Rockport Town Democratic Committee met at 10:30 AM on Saturday, September 16th in the Brenner Room of the Rockport Public Library.
Our guest speakers were
- Bruce Cohen on amending the Constitution against Citizens United
- Victoria Ireton from Seth Moulton’s campaign, and
- Matthew Murray, an alumnus of Rockport High School who is Chair of the Young Democrats of Massachusetts.
Discussion included event plans, outreach, voter identification, and collaboration with Gloucester Democrats.
Saturday June 17, 2017
The Rockport Town Democratic Committee met at 10:00 AM on Saturday, June 17th in the Community Room of the Rockport Police Headquarters. We had an update from the new Community Outreach and Education Committee and reports from the recent state convention.
Saturday March 18, 2017
The Rockport Town Democratic Committee met at 10:00 AM on Saturday, March 18th in the Community Room of the Rockport Police Headquarters. We voted to create an Education and Outreach Committee, and the newly formed Tech Committee made their first report. We elected a slate of additional members from the many new people now attending our meetings. (If you have not already done so, please let us know if you are interested in becoming a member.)
Saturday February 25, 2017
The Rockport Town Democratic Committee met at 10:00 AM on Saturday, February 25th in the Community Room of the Rockport Police Headquarters. We discussed post-election planning and held the caucus to elect delegates and alternates for the State Democratic Convention to be held on June 3rd in Lowell, Massachusetts.
Successful Local Elections November 8, 2016
Democrats Kevin Coppinger and Eileen Duff won the only contested local election races. Congratulations to Sheriff Coppinger and Governors Council Duff.
Saturday September 10, 2016
The Rockport Democratic Town Committee met at the Rockport Police Station on Saturday, September 10th, 2016, 9:30 AM . We decided to cancel our candidates’ brunch scheduled for September 24th, and to support activities through the Cape Ann Democratic Headquarters. For more information call 978-559-7700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Saturday May 14, 2016
The Rockport Democratic Town Committee held a meeting on Saturday May 14th, 2016, 10:30am at the Rockport Police Station, to plan for summer organizing and a possible fundraiser.
We have reserved the Rockport Community House on Saturday September 24th from 8 am to 1 pm for a meet-the-candidates event. Our backup date is October 1st. Subcommittees are working on the program and logistics.
Our executive committee will meet in September. We have not yet scheduled our fall general meeting, but are pursuing possible speakers.
Saturday April 9, 2016
The Rockport Democratic Town Committee held a meeting on Saturday April 9, 2016, 9:30 am at the Rockport Police Station, to re-organize our committee and election of committee officers after the spring elections.
We elected the following new officers:
- Co- Chairs: Mary Francis, Tom Delaney
- Co- Vice Chairs: Nancy Jo Delaney, Kathy O’Neill
- Secretary and Recording Secretary: Suellen Wedmore, C Lynn Chambers
- Treasurer: June Michaels
After our meeting we heard from Paul L.D. Russel, Jr who is running for the Democratic nomination for Essex County Sheriff.
Caucus for State Convention – Saturday March 26, 2016
DEMOCRATS TO ELECT DELEGATES TO STATE CONVENTION
Democrats in Rockport held a caucus on Saturday, March 26 at 10:30 in the meeting room at the Rockport Police Station at 168 Main Street to elect delegates and alternates to the 2016 Massachusetts Democratic Convention, where Democrats from across the state will gather to meet fellow activists and hear from elected officials. The convention will be held on Saturday, June 4, 2016 at the Tsongas Center in Lowell.
Saturday January 23, 2016
The Rockport Democratic Town Committee held a meeting on Saturday January 23, 2016, 10:30 am at the Rockport Police Station.
In addition to regular business we heard from Marianne Rutter from Boxford who spoke about how to run to be a delegate to the Democratic National convention which will be held at the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia on July 25th-28th, 2016.
We also heard from representatives from both the Clinton and the Sanders presidential campaigns, in advance of the upcoming MA primary (March 1, 2016).