Saturday September 8, 2018
The Rockport Democratic Town Committee will meet on Saturday, September 8th at 10:30 AM in the Brenner Room of the Rockport library. All Cape Ann residents registered as Democrats are welcome. Join us!
Other Organizations of Interest
- Massachusetts Democratic Party, our state organization
Mass Dems main web page
Mass Dems calendar of events
- North Shore Democratic Update, publication created to help Democratic activists become better aware of issues and events throughout the North Shore and MA.
Facebook: North Shore Democratic Update
or email NorthShoreDemocraticUpdatefirstname.lastname@example.org
- Swing Left, a nationally coordinated effort to increase the number of Democrats in the U.S. House of Representatives by channeling local groups to nearby swing districts. Rockport members are working to keep a Democrat in NH-01.
Rockport Swing Left: no web presence yet
- Rockport Women’s March Symposium, a local group that was initiated following shared Women’s March experiences, and an interest in generating “next steps” groups; full group meetings at Rockport Library
Facebook: Women’s March Symposium, Rockport
- Indivisible, grass-roots groups guided by the experience of Congressional Democratic staffers
North Shore Indivisible
Facebook: North Shore Indivisible meets first Tuesdays 7:30 PM.
- Cape Ann Local Action (CALA), a local group
Facebook: Cape Ann Local Action
- Women’s Equality Cape Ann (WECANN), a strictly local group
Facebook: Womens Equality Cape Ann
- Essex County Community Organization, an affiliate of the Massachusetts Community Action Network
- Showing Up for Racial Justice, a national network of groups
Facebook: SURJ Boston
- Action Together, a national network of local groups
Action Together Network
Facebook: Action Together North Shore, MA
- Network for Neighbors
Saturday June 9, 2018
The Rockport Democratic Town Committee met on Saturday, June 9th at 10:30 AM in the Brenner Room of the Rockport library. We elected a Corresponding Secretary and a Member at Large for our executive committee. Members shared their impressions of the recent state convention. Victoria Nadel spoke for Secretary of State candidate Josh Zakim in the September primary election, and we discussed plans for the November general election.
Saturday April 14, 2018
The Rockport Democratic Town Committee met on Saturday, April 14th at 10:00 AM in the Community Room of the Rockport police station. We heard from a candidate for Selectman, and had a demonstration of this website. We elected officers to two-year terms, and voted two new members onto the committee. Finally, we discussed several ways to increase visibility and participation.
Saturday February 10, 2018
Registered Rockport Democrats held a caucus on Saturday, February 10th, beginning with candidate registration at 10:15 AM in the Brenner Room of the Rockport Public Library, to elect delegates and alternates to the 2018 Massachusetts Democratic Convention. This year’s state convention will be held on June 1 and 2 at the DCU Center in Worcester. The caucus was followed by short announcements.
Saturday September 16, 2017
The Rockport Democratic Town Committee met at 10:30 AM on Saturday, September 16th in the Brenner Room of the Rockport Public Library.
Our guest speakers were
- Bruce Cohen on amending the Constitution against Citizens United
- Victoria Ireton from Seth Moulton’s campaign, and
- Matthew Murray, an alumnus of Rockport High School who is Chair of the Young Democrats of Massachusetts.
Discussion included event plans, outreach, voter identification, and collaboration with Gloucester Democrats.
Saturday June 17, 2017
The Rockport Democratic Town Committee met at 10:00 AM on Saturday, June 17th in the Community Room of the Rockport Police Headquarters. We had an update from the new Community Outreach and Education Committee and reports from the recent state convention.
Saturday March 18, 2017
The Rockport Democratic Town Committee met at 10:00 AM on Saturday, March 18th in the Community Room of the Rockport Police Headquarters. We voted to create an Education and Outreach Committee, and the newly formed Tech Committee made their first report. We elected a slate of additional members from the many new people now attending our meetings. (If you have not already done so, please let us know if you are interested in becoming a member.)
Saturday February 25, 2017
The Rockport Democratic Town Committee met at 10:00 AM on Saturday, February 25th in the Community Room of the Rockport Police Headquarters. We discussed post-election planning and held the caucus to elect delegates and alternates for the State Democratic Convention to be held on June 3rd in Lowell, Massachusetts.
Successful Local Elections November 8, 2016
Democrats Kevin Coppinger and Eileen Duff won the only contested local election races. Congratulations to Sheriff Coppinger and Governors Council Duff.
Saturday September 10, 2016
The Rockport Democratic Town Committee met at the Rockport Police Station on Saturday, September 10th, 2016, 9:30 AM . We decided to cancel our candidates’ brunch scheduled for September 24th, and to support activities through the Cape Ann Democratic Headquarters. For more information call 978-559-7700 or email email@example.com.